Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

Up until this week, there wasn't a whole lot of "Christmas" happening around here. Most of the shopping was done, and the tree/decorations are up, but it still felt like it wasn't here yet.

This weekend, things started to change! My sisters and I celebrated my mom's birthday with a girls day of dining and pedicures. We had our annual holiday party with several of our closest friends, which included a gift exchange, a full holiday meal, and movies/games. One of my favorite traditions takes place at this party, too: our pajama exchange for the little ones!! Today, my family had our annual "goodie" party where we baked up several treats to disburse amongst our friends, coworkers, families, etc. With a little Kenny G/Aaron Neville blaring in the background. At one point, there were 5 adult women, 3 granddaughters, and 2 dogs in my Mom's kitchen all at once. It was wild, as usual!
After this jam-packed weekend, it's feeling a lot like Christmas time!

This week, Ella will celebrate Christmas at school with a party and a concert. Deer hunting is just around the corner, and wewill also be celebrating Jada's birthday on Friday!

 The whole gang!
The little girls (and me), minus Amelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment