Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mommy Needs a Timeout

Not exactly the  best day of the year, but I'm sure I'll laugh at it one day!

Derek and I both woke up ill. He decided to work from home, and I went in to work late. I got myself ready while he watched the girls on the main floor.
I walked down the steps and was greeted by my littlest monkey who was delighted to see me. I scooped her up and she gave me a big hug. Suddenly, I felt funny. Wet. No....GOOEY. I peeled her off of me and set her down. My black sweater was covered in goo. I questioned what she had gotten into, to which Derek replied, "I dont know, maybe the cat bowl (water)?" I scraped it off my sweater and headed for the kitchen to find breakfast. 

Not even a step in the kitchen and there it was. An entire bowl of rice krispies and milk EVERYWHERE. On the floor, the chair, the table and the mini-fridge. Erin had reached Ella's bowl and dumped it everywhere. "Ooooohhhhh Lord."  I notified Derek where the crime scene was and began to pour Ella a new bowl of cereal.
Ella and I sat down and Derek decided to plop Erin in the high chair while we ate so she could be contained while he worked at his computer. He poured her about 72 dry cheerios to chew on. Only a minute or two went by when I finally started to pay attention. She was throwing all of her cheerios on the floor. Not throwing, lassoing like a cowboy. And it was all intentional. And giggling hysterically. All. 72. of. them.
We packed the girls up, ignored the mess, and I dropped them off as I headed to work. I couldn't take the craziness anymore.  It was a wild day, but went quick. On my way home, the car broke down! I had to call Derek to pick me up. Fortunately, it made it to the mechanic.

I'm ready to turn the page on this day!

Everyday photo #3: Big Sissy and Peanut taking a stroll (note Erin's beloved plastic Easter egg, one of her favorite toys)





No comments:

Post a Comment