Monday, October 21, 2013

Bear Hugs

My morning routine is pretty consistent. We wake up at 6, and the girls wake up at 6:30. Erin is usually ready to romp but Ella is more like an 18 year old on her last semester of school. We are all ready to leave the house at 7:20.  I drop Ella off first, since it is not far from home. When we get to the school, Ella and Erin chase each other down the long hallway to her classroom, with me running behind shouting "Slow down! Be careful! Shh!" We make it to her room, where we hang up her book bag and folder and coat and assign hot or cold lunch. We then walk to a different classroom to get Ella settled with her friends and teacher aides and check her in. Erin runs up and gives Ella the biggest bear hug ever, and they sway back and forth smiling and holding on to each other.  I get my goodbye hug and kiss and scoop Erin up and head out. I drop Erin off around 7:35 and she gives me my sloppy goodbyes. She runs off to greet and hug her own little pals and I'm on my way to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment