Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Better Day

Both girls have been sick all week. Ella started the week with a cold but was able to push through it pretty well. Erin, on the other hand, picked it up around Wednesday. This, in addition to peak teething problems, has made her miserable. She's had a hard time eating, sleeping, and has been extremely unpleasant even with a pain reliever.

This morning, I think I'm starting to see the horizon. Both girls woke up in pleasant, playful moods and sat on Daddy's lap with smiles on their faces...still coughing away. Equally important, Derek and I's first words to each other after an uninterrupted night's sleep (excluding one feeding) were:

"Is this what it feels like to be rested?"
"Is this what it feels like to not walk around comatose?"

I hope my little peanuts are back to 100% very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment