Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time-Out Chair

I am happy to report Ella's time-out chair is being used less and less. There was a while there that it felt like we were using it every night! (I feel like I might jinx that just by talking about it.) Now, her behavior will usually straighten up as soon as we even mention a time-out.

This week, she has started occupying her time-out chair (voluntarily) whenever she gets told something she doesn't agree with. At first I was in shock because I didn't tell her to go there....... and then I thought she was confused... but tonight I watched her a little more closely and she is actually going there to decompress a little! I suppose it's an ideal spot for some quiet time if you wanted to step away. Sometimes it's tough being a 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment