Monday, November 14, 2011

Dads Deer




This is Derek.  I am no longer a blog virgin, please bear with me as I attempt to type.  The pics are of dads deer he shot in the same stand I shot my buck this year.  Here's the breakdown:  He was hunting on my friend Brians Dad's ground on a river close to where we live.  He hit the deer around 4:45pm on Sunday Nov13.  Dad called me in a frenzied panic saying he had hit the biggest buck he had ever shot at.  Brian and Steph happened to be at our house so I employed Brian to go with me to help track.  We met Trista and Jeff there with dad and began the long search.  We tracked for 3 hrs last night until we jumped the deer from its bed and ran off.  We backed out and Dad and I both took today off to go looking this morning again.  We searched for another 2 hrs today and when we almost lost all hope, I stumbled upon him bedded down in some tall grass.  He was already expired, and I soon realized he was well worth the 5 hrs of tracking it took to find him.  This is Dad's 2nd ever bow buck, first bow deer in over 26 years.  Needless to say, he will look good on the wall.  I would like to thank Ella and mommy for the good luck with the pink camo jammies last night!  Grandpa was very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment