Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No More Shenanigans

I was spoiled with good sleep on vacation. And I took advantage of it. Just in time, too, because Ella has begun another short phase of bad nights. Sleep deprivation isn't just when you have a newborn. It also happens with a teething infant. As soon as you're done with the teething, toddler nightmares arrive. On top of that, we've been letting her stay up AND sleep in (why not, she's on vacation until next Monday!).

But now that we're back to work:
  • It's not as easy spending 30 minutes getting her to bed, mostly spent with her arms wrapped around me pleading that I stay with her.
  • I'm too tired to find amusement in waking up at midnight only to find her standing with her eyes open sticking her toungue out at me.
  • I yawn just thinking about having to lay awake listening to her yell "Mama!" in her sleep as she tosses and turns during a nightmare.
  • Yesterday, she woke me up wailing--I ran into the room in a panic only to find her leg stuck through the crib bar all the way up to her thigh. With a lot of wiggling, I finally got her out without calling Daddy to come home from Menards.
  • Two nights ago, Derek and I put in a movie. We had to pause it 5 times trying to get her to bed. Finally, we both accidentally fell asleep upstairs (him on E's bedroom floor) with all of the house lights on and the movie still paused. We literally only got through 20 minutes of that movie!
With that said, "Ni-night" from the Gus's!

1 comment:

  1. Have to laugh imagining everyone sleeping with a paused movie and every light in the house burning bright! Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete