Friday, May 27, 2011

Bye Bye!

I have always enjoyed reading articles on infant/toddler development since E was born. They help me stay up-to-date with what children Ella's age should be doing and ideas on how to further their learning. And ideas for games, songs, and recipes are nice too. :)

One of the more interesting articles recently told me to start saying "Bye Bye" to different things around the house when you leave. So I started that this week on our way out the door at 7am.

"Bye bye kitchen! Bye bye table! Bye bye kittie! Bye Bye House! Bye Bye Car!" I would say as we left. The list went on and on. Ellie would smile at me (like i was crazy) and frantically wave at everything.

This morning (Day 5), I barely started putting on her coat when she started her goodbyes without me. "Bye bye kitty! Bye bye tup! (cup) Bye bye people! Bye bye beetza! (pizza)*"

And she shouted it all the way to the babysitters. So cute.

*Note: We did not have pizza for breakfast. I'm not sure where she thought she was seeing pizza. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment