Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"When It Rains, It Pours"

Monday night was by far the most hectic day I've had in a long time. Everything about it was madness. Of course, the fact that it was Monday is a ding right there. I was running late all morning, and couldn't get Ella out of bed after such a big weekend with the bridal shower (see below). I finally jiggled her awake, got her dressed and fed in 20 minutes, and headed out the door. I got to work and it was ridiculously busy. My phone, desk, instant chat, and email were constantly bombarded all day--all simultaneously. The worst part was that I was actually enjoying being at work because I knew what I had to come home to. Our house was a flippin disaster. Dishes were taking over the kitchen, the toy room exploded into the living room, there were towels and bath toys everywhere in our bathroom, and about 6 loads of laundry scattered throughout the house. I literally tumbled over two toys on my way out the door that morning, almost breaking my leg. I was dreading what I was coming home to. Any sane person would've stopped for a beer on the way home. But I braved for the worst and headed north. I got in the door and immediately started supper--spagetti. Something easy! Fast forward 45 minutes and there I was, cleaning spagetti out of Ella's belly button. Deep. Breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment